Isn’t BLUE a weird word? Every time I spell it, it looks like I just misspelled it in my head. But anyway, I feel it’s an appropriate word for the color, and for the mood. It just causes me to be a little uncomfortable, and that’s ok.
It’s Monday. And I feel blue.
Links: 1, 2, 3, 4
I know it’s been overdone as far as blog posts go, but I always feel the need to share a few things that enhance/enrich my life during the week. I am typically a pessimist, and find myself whining about everything. In an effort for self improvement, I hope to try and focus on positives and nice things for a change.
Here goes for being positive :]
1. There is nothing quite like a cheap, delicious smelling candle. This brought me pure enjoyment several times this week.
2. Who doesn’t love a nice warm cup of coffee supporting a local cafe. My town is so quaint and friendly, and I’m proud to live here!
3. Nothing brings me joy like watching my cat enjoying her perch, purr and take in her view of Paris.
4. A nice smelling, colorful soap stands at the store always distract me for a good 10 minutes. The scents give me a true sense of enjoyment, and I always have to smell each one.
5. A nice beautiful view on a refreshing walk. I feel so blessed to live here!
What kind of things get YOU through the week?
Posted in Photo Diary
Tagged beautiful view, cats, colorado, cup of coffee, get through the week, inspiration, local business, local cafe, nature, outdoors, pessimist, photography, pretty colors, review, soap, week
1) Rereading Anna Karenina in Russian… 2) To get ready for Anna Karenina the movie, with my favorite actress, Keira Knightly. 3) Starbucks latte and banana chocolate chip coffee cake. My favorite breakfast. 4) Rainy weather finally relieving our extra long summer. 5) My mother and grandmother at lunch together. Family moments are the best. 6) My kitty, Mourka, sleeping and wrapped in a blanket.
This is just a tiny recollection of my last couple weeks. Hope you enjoy
Posted in Daily Life, Photo Diary
Tagged anna karenina, banana chocolate chip, cute cat, food, instagram, keira knightly, kitty in a blanket, literature, mother and grandmother, photography, photos, sleepy kitty, starbucks, vogue
This is a glimpse into my week.
1. I got this sunflower from a senior ceremony with my sorority
2. Friends. Nothing better than dance parties with them.
4. My necklace and sweater from a few days ago. I LOVE russian themed accessories.
6. 2012 Graduate. Yay! I finally bought my tassel
7. Bling on my shoes.
8. My Babushka and I.
A day after I had taken those pictures with me all warm in a skirt and enjoying my spring, Colorado decided to plop a winter day on us. These pictures are taken from yesterday on my campus. Although I’d prefer to be having more of the warmer spring days, it was still kinda cool to see the mix of spring and winter all at once. Here are a few pictures.
Green and Purple
Red and Green
And me. Not ready for school.
I was just going through some of my stuff on my computer and found some pretty cool photos that I took a while ago. They are basically things that I find beautiful. Enjoy!
This was when I was in Venice a few years ago…
This photo was taken candidly a few years ago of my friend. She is always so poised and elegant and I think the shot looks rather interesting.
Not super creative, but I was just playing around with my camera. It looks pretty in my opinion.
Another flower picture. I’m kind of obsessed with flowers.
This was in an orchard in the Spanish countryside. The colors are so pretty there, and I was pretty happy to have caught both the yellow and the purple at the same time.
I really love this picture. It’s so simple but the yellow is just so pretty.
This is the one I’m probably most proud of.
My cat Mourka. Isn’t she so cute?
PS- These are all my photos on this particular blog. If you want to use them please email me first at email@example.com! thank you!
Posted in Photo Diary
Tagged blossoms, girl in a white coat, girl smelling flowers, gondola and sunset, gondola in italy, green thumb, lemon blossoms, lemons, orange and blue, orange flowers, photography, pretty yellow flowers, succulents in green pot, white flowers